Slave River and Delta Partnership. (2016). Slave Watershed Environmental Effects Program Summary. Report prepared for the Canadian Water Network.
- Pulliainen, J., Luojus, K., Derksen, C. et al. (2020). Patterns and trends of Northern Hemisphere snow mass from 1980 to 2018. Nature 581, 294–298. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-2258-0.
- Beltaos S. T.D. Prowse and T. Carter. 2006. Ice regime of the lower Peace River and ice‐jam flooding of the Peace‐Athabasca Delta. Hydrological Processes Special Issue: Northern Rivers Ecosystem Initiative – Hydrology. 20(19): 4009-4029.
- Parlee, B., & E. Maloney. (2017). Tracking Change: Local and Traditional Knowledge in Watershed Governance. Report of the 2016 Community-Based Research Projects in the Mackenzie River Basin. University of Alberta: Edmonton.
- Lamontagne-Halle, P. et al. 2018. Changing groundwater discharge dynamics in permafrost regions. Environmental Research Letters 13: 084017
- Kelly, E.N., J.W. Short, D.W. Schindler, P.V. Hodson, M. Maa, A.K. Kwana, and B.L. Fortin 2009. Oil sands development contributes polycyclic aromatic compounds to the Athabasca River and its tributaries. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 106 (52) 22346-22351. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0912050106