Parlee, B. (2016). Local and traditional knowledge in the Liard River Watershed: Literature review. University of Alberta: Edmonton.
- Stantec 2012. Status of trends, flow, water quality and suspended sediment quality in the Peel River Watershed. Prepared for Water Resources Division, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
- Hutchinson Environmental Sciences Ltd. 2014. Background Report on Aquatic Ecosystem Health for the Peace River Watershed.
- Scott, 2010. The diversity and composition of benthic macroinvertebrate assemblages in streams in the Mackenzie River System, Northwest Territories. A thesis presented to the University of Waterloo in fulfillment of the thesis requirement for the degree of Master of Science in Biology.
- Bonsal B., Shrestha R.R., Dibike Y., Peters D.L., Spence C., Mudryk L., and Yang D. (2020). Western Canadian Freshwater Availability: Current and Future Vulnerabilities, Environmental Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1139/er-2020-0040
- Parlee, B., & E. Maloney (2017). Tracking Change: Local and Traditional Knowledge in Watershed Governance. Report of the 2016 Community-Based Research Projects in the Mackenzie River Basin. University of Alberta: Edmonton.