Crane Management Consultants 2008. State of the Muskwa Kechika Report. Prepared for Muskwa-Kechika Advisory Board.
- A floating ‘orange goo‘ substance, later identified as spruce needle rust, was observed by Gwich’in residents on the surface of the Peel and Arctic Red Rivers and nearby lakes in the summer of 2018. The increase in the presence of the pathogen was partly attributed to the moist and humid conditions in the Northwest Territories in the years 2017 and 2018. For more information, see: Government of Northwest Territories. 2018. Northwest Territories 2018 Forest Health Report. Report prepared by J. Olesinski and R. Brett.
- Hutchinson Environmental Sciences Ltd. 2014. Background Report on Aquatic Ecosystem Health for the Peace River Watershed.
- Unpublished Water Quality Data, GNWT, 2018
- Pembina Institute. (2016). State of the knowledge of the Slave River and Slave River Delta: Final report. Prepared for the Slave River and Delta Partnership.
- Alberta Government. 2020. Athabasca River Conditions and Use. https://open.alberta.ca/publications/9781460142578