Slave River and Delta Partnership. (2016). Slave Watershed Environmental Effects Program Summary. Report prepared for the Canadian Water Network.
- Parlee, B., Maloney, E., Howlett, T., & D’Souza, A. (2020). Tracking Change: Local and Traditional Knowledge in Watershed Governance. Report of the 2017-2018 Community-Based Research Projects in the Mackenzie River Basin. University of Alberta: Edmonton.
- Martineau, F. (2013). ‘Site C Clean Energy Project,’ Appendix A12 Part 5. Community Summary: Kelly Lake Metis Settlement Society Final Report. Volume 5. Prepared for BC Hydro Power and Authority.
- Bonsal B., Shrestha R.R., Dibike Y., Peters D.L., Spence C., Mudryk L., and Yang D. (2020). Western Canadian Freshwater Availability: Current and Future Vulnerabilities, Environmental Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1139/er-2020-0040
- Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment, 1999. Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines. Canadian Water Quality Guidelines for the Protection of Aquatic Life.
- Parlee, B., Geertsema, K., and Willier, A. (2012). Social-Ecological Thresholds in a Changing Boreal Landscape: Insights from Cree Knowledge of the Lesser Slave Lake Region of Alberta. Canada Ecology and Society, 17(2).