Fort Nelson First Nation. (2017). Community summary: Liard Basin Monitoring Initiative state of knowledge report. Fort Nelson, BC.
- Zhang, X., Flato, G., Kirchmeier-Young, M., Vincent, L., Wan, H., Wang, X., Rong, R., Fyfe, J., Li, G., Kharin, V.V. (2019): Changes in Temperature and Precipitation Across Canada; Chapter 4 in Bush, E. and Lemmen, D.S. (Eds.) Canada’s Changing Climate Report.
- Candler, C., Olsen, R., DeRoy, S., and the Firelight Group Research Cooperative with the Mikisew Cree First Nation. (2010, August). As Long as the Rivers Flow: Athabasca River Use, Knowledge and Change. MCFN Community Report. Mikisew Cree First Nation: Fort Chipewyan, Alberta.
- Swainson, B. (2011). Rivers at Risk: The Status of Environmental Flows in Canada. Prepared for World Wildlife Fund-Canada. Freshwater Program.
- Brock, B.E., B.B. Wolfe and T.W.D. Edwards. 2008. Spatial and temporal perspectives on spring break‐up flooding in the Slave River Delta, NWT. Hydrological Processes. 22(20): 4058-4072.
- Casey. R. 2011. Water Quality Conditions and Long-Term Trends in Alberta Lakes. Water Policy Branch, Environmental Policy Division, Alberta Environment and Water.